Versatile protective mask to protect against coronavirus
P100 masks are even more powerful than the minimum recommended N95. Comfortable, compact, fits many face sizes, and is made in the UK/USA. Making it one of the few protective masks not made in China and still available to buy online.
This is probably the most serious post we’ve ever done on PatriotBro. We want to share briefly why we are concerned about Coronavirus, what we’re reading to keep up to date on the progression of the disease worldwide, and why we feel it is prudent for every family to prepare. If you just want to know our product recommendations, skip down to the bottom.
The basics: assume every number you hear out of China is a lie
Whether or not coronavirus becomes a pandemic, can we all agree China is lying about everything? It’s lying about the number of patients sick, it’s lying about the number of deaths, and it’s lying about industry returning to normal. This link shows that traffic and pollution levels inside China are still virtually zero (showing that industry is at a standstill), even while the Chinese Communist Party promises that most state owned enterprises have returned to work. Do you believe them? Why go to these lengths for just a flu?
The truth is, governments around the world have been playing down the risk of coronavirus, and working overtime to encourage complacency. But, as Charles Hugh Smith writes:
The eventual price of substituting magical thinking and survivorship bias for actual evidence will be far higher than the complacent realize. Playing games with statistics and high finance will not limit the spread of the virus or limit its profound economic impact.
Is this going to hit the United States?
The short answer is… probably. According to Los Alamos Labs (the American lab that has been most accurate at predicting seasonal flu number, and other outbreaks such as SARS):
The outbreak almost certainly cannot be contained and we must prepare for a pandemic
Update: Now in the USA.
Don’t panic, but do take steps today to prepare by having adequate food and safety measures to ride-out a potential pandemic. Hint: you can find ideas for food storage right here on PatriotBro.
Speaking of safety measures, when we went to our local home improvement stores we found shelves empty of all N95 masks. We decided to find an alternative online.
10 Reasons why we recommend the GVS Elipse / Miller Electric P100 Mask
- P100 masks protect from 99.97% of airborne particles, compared to just 95% of particles in the recommended N95 masks.
- The P in P100 means it protects you from dust AND oil. So you’re getting more protection and resiliency.
- Since everyone else is shopping for the N95 masks, it is easier to find P100’s.
- Most N95’s are manufactured in China. So not only are most stores completely sold out, but more are not on the way any time soon.
- Disposable masks are less versatile and far less comfortable. Your breathing will likely make the mask “moist” reducing the time you’ll be able to wear it.
- The GVS Elipse is manufactured in the UK and US. This makes it one of the few masks we could find that was still available for purchase. The Miller Electric is a copy of the GVS that fits the same filters. We provide a link to the Miller mask when the GVS is sold out.
- The Elipse has a exhale valve making it easier to breathe without causing that previously mentioned condensation.
- The Elipse is typically used in the welding profession for weeks without having to replaceable filters. In normal day-to-day conditions, these filters will last a LONG time.
- The Elipse is low profile, leaving space for protective glasses, and wont make you look uber crazy.
- The Elipse fits well and offers masks for both S/M faces and M/L faces.
The GVS Elipse / Miller Electric is certainly not the cheapest mask on the market. But when it comes to avoiding what may be a very dangerous pandemic, we believe strongly that this is an inexpensive insurance policy.
5 More Helpful Links and Products
- Stock up on a few replacement filters for your Elipse / Miller P100.
- If you have food and masks, consider having a backup source of water filtration. We like Sawyer products for their quality, warranty, and innovation. This water bottle filters all bacteria, viruses, pesticides, and heavy metals. This is a first for portable water filter.
- Having a strong immune system will help you avoid getting sick… and if you do catch the coronavirus, good immunity may reduce the damage of the disease. Consider these high quality Echinacea supplements. At just over $5 a bottle, they’re an absolute impulse buy.
- Stock up on these Durisan hand sanitizers. They’ve been lab tested to kill 99.99% of germs, while not containing the alcohol that dries out your skin to smithereens.
- Check out the CDC site for helpful hints. For instance, try stocking up on prescription and non-prescription meds that you may need.